Friday, December 2, 2011

These are a few of my Favorite Things

Ah, to be Oprah. I'm pretty sure if her show was still around, attending one of her Favorite Things episodes would totally make my {100 list}
A new car? Sure! Trip to Australia? Hell yes! Thanks, Oprah, you're the greatest!
One of my favorite home decor blogs, The Nester, is having a link party where we share some of our favorite things {under $30} and here, my dears, are mine:

Avalon Organics Lavender Facial Gel & Daily Moisturizer 
I am religious about my facial cleansing routine and have been using these two products for years. My skin loves them!

No more guessing when a recipe calls for a certain weight of an ingredient. Also, it just looks pretty on my counter. Mine has a red arrow though... yes, it matters.

I don't wash my hair every day and this stuff not only makes it look decent an extra day or so, the tropical scent smells amazing!


Oh, truly this is my obsession. 
And I can't find it in stores anymore. I've settled for plain but I'm so tempted to buy the 24 pack off Amazon!
I love the name and love the color. It's a perfect peachy, gold, pink color. 
I like it year-round but it is especially chic in summer. {I've always wanted to say that!}
It is a splurge for nail polish at $17 a bottle but it's high quality and doesn't chip forever.


Another splurge but this stuff is amazing! A little dab under your eyes and you look way more rested than you are. I have a serious problem with dark circles and this makes a huge difference.

I'm a list girl for sure and I love me a good fine point pen. These don't bleed and the color is nice and dark.


I don't watch tv so I get the entire season from the library and have a marathon.
My husband thinks I'm a crazy person when I watch Community cause I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe half the time. {Ken Jeong is awesome!
And who doesn't want a silly husband like Phil Dunphy?


Starbucks Tall Soy Latte with One Raw Sugar
That's my drink and they make it the best by far. Yum!

The I Ching
A friend gave me this a few years back and it is packed with wisdom. 
You throw 3 coins six times to determine which hexagram to read. Each is about a page and a half and there are 64 possibilities. Each hexagram is ancient Chinese wisdom that "teaches us to be led by our superior qualities." I like to throw a hexagram and read it over my coffee in the morning. 
It is a peaceful way to start the day.



An addiction, an obsession.
But hey, it's free!
And seriously, the creativity of some people is astounding!


Well, there you have it. A few things I can't live without.
What do you love???


3 comments:

  1. Okay, I think I love every single thing on your list!!! :) Great picks! You have such a beautiful blog!

    So nice to 'meet' you today! I'm your newest follower! I blog at "Only A Breath" and would love for you to stop by and visit :)

    Hugs!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My knowledge will bite your face off.
    - Senor Change

    :) Love that show too, it's funny and smart.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melanie Thank you so much! Likewise, great to meet you! :) I'll definitely stop by!

    @Jessica So funny!

    Thank you both for visiting!

    ReplyDelete