Monday, November 28, 2011

get back to to it!

I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving among your family & friends!
I certainly did!!
And now, after spending three glorious days in Southern California with my parents and sisters, it's time to get back to work! I admit, I overdid the pie and under-did the exercise (read: not at all) but all is not lost. I think, at least for me, that is one of the biggest dieting pitfalls out there. I make all the right choices for a while but at the first sign of a slip-up, abandon ship! It's easy to start out with good intentions (I packed my running shoes & clothes) but fall to temptation. So rather than let it knock you down, use it to your advantage. Plan for those holiday feasts by working out a little harder those few days leading up to it. Really push yourself so you don't end up feeling guilty for a little indulgence. A treat here and there can be a good thing! So long as you don't turn treats into an all day, everyday kind of habit. Make great dietary choices the rest of the time so you can have an extra slice of your Mom's amazing pie or a few extra Christmas cookies. Start fresh, eat well, work off all that yumminess and watch yourself make progress. Because ultimately, one indulgent meal is not going to derail your efforts, just like one hard as hell workout isn't going to make you lose 5 pounds. Put in the time and you reach your goals, whatever they may be. Just remember to have fun getting there. Enjoy yourself and celebrate your progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment